Sustainable Trading is a non-profit membership network, dedicated to transforming environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices within the financial markets trading industry. Our primary function is to bring industry practitioners together to facilitate discussion and collaboration, and to devise practical solutions to industry-specific ESG issues. Our members (representing the spectrum of financial markets trading participants) are contributing their experience and expertise to making a real difference to ESG practices in trading.
With ambitious growth plans, we are ready to recruit our first employees.
We are looking for highly organised, confident, self-motivated individuals with excellent attention to detail and great communications skills. You will be able to interpret and record conversations (from multiple media) and produce write ups on complex subject matters (without having specific subject matter expertise).
A curious thinker, you will want to learn more about what you hear and be keen to develop your understanding of ESG and financial markets. A problem-solver, you must be good with numbers and proficient in Microsoft Office. You will be confident and respectful in meetings of groups of highly intelligent industry professionals.
The Role and Responsibilities
Split between Delivery and Growth, delivery is focused on facilitating discussions between our member firms; growth is focused on nurturing existing members and managing member enquiries.
– Attend and contribute to member group discussions
– Prepare meeting agendas and collate relevant documents
– Record meeting discussions and associated follow up actions
– Document output of meetings and distribute to attendees/other members
– Research answers to questions raised (and not answered) in meetings
– Support the Chairperson of each meeting
– Respond to external enquiries
– Engage with prospective members, actively following up through to their joining the organisation
– Onboard new members, manage content access and communications permissions for members
– Nurture existing members, including encouraging participation and engagement in group sessions
– Identify ‘subject matter experts’ within member firms to participate in specific group sessions
– Manage and share member feedback
Salary £45,000 per annum. We offer a hybrid working arrangement (up to 2 days from home, at least 3 days office-based). Other benefits:
– 25 days holiday plus BH’s
– 5% employer pension contribution,
– 3 paid voluntary days per year
Non-financial benefits include the opportunity to build a network with important and influential people within the financial services industry and to gain exposure to a wide range of business activities in the financial markets trading industry.
We are looking for a graduate, or someone qualified by experience. Ideally, you will also have an interest in sustainable concepts (environmental, social and/or governance) and participate in some form of extra-curricular activity. We are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcomed from individuals from all backgrounds.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 26th August. Interviews will be held at the end of August / early September.
Please note that due to the number of applications, if you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, it is likely that you haven’t been shortlisted.
Any recruitment agency / third-party supplying a CV is deemed as having agreed to operate on a no-fee basis.