Scope of Work for E, S and G Change
Sustainable Trading’s cross-industry workstreams consider the challenges and opportunities faced by members in effecting E, S and G change, determine industry best practices and develop an accompanying measurement framework. Workstream activities include:
- Assessing environmental impacts of building, operating and maintaining trading infrastructures.
- Assessing day-to-day activities within the trading function, and associated trading desk practices to identify common principles and support the move towards more sustainable business models.
- Focusing on positive social impact through improved diversity, equity and inclusion across working environments and engaging with communities.
- Prioritising employee health, wellbeing and experiences.
- Considering stakeholder-oriented governance that promotes greater ethical and cultural accountability beyond regulation.
Steering and Working Groups
By engaging with, and fostering collaboration between, financial trading participants – buy and sell sides, trading platforms, market makers, vendors, consultants and technology providers – Sustainable Trading will help align the industry along ESG goals, and share practical opportunities for change.Collective commitment to ESG adoption
Sustainable Trading’s cross-industry Steering and Working groups consider issues, challenges and opportunities in order to facilitate ESG progress and to determine ESG best practices including:
- Assessing the environmental impacts of building, operating and maintaining trading systems and infrastructures, with the aim of identifying new approaches to power optimisation and energy efficiency
- Sharing insights and experiences to increase understanding of the importance and impact of greater diversity, equity and inclusion in their working environments and seeking to influence change across the trading industry
- Considering broader ESG challenges, including employee wellbeing, community engagement and impact and stakeholder-oriented enterprise governance.
Structure for positive action
To find out more about how you and your organisation can contribute expertise and enthusiasm for ESG change to Sustainable Trading’s Steering and Working Groups, get in touch!
Focusing on the environmental impact that trading technology produces from the power consumption of Data Centres, the sustainability of hardware providers, and the circular economy.
Focusing on the environmental impact of travel, responsible use and management of materials, and reducing energy through responsible email and document storage.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Focusing on DEI strategy, training and development programmes, diverse representation across the media and on conference panels, networking groups and recruitment processes.
Focusing on volunteering and charitable giving initiatives, and trading education programmes.
Focusing on including trading in wellbeing initiatives, providing access to support services and solutions, and opportunities for flexible working.
Focusing on recording and security, ethical standards and business knowledge training, developing knowledge of trading policy, and updating best execution policies.